1. Review your utility bills.
You can use your electric bills to figure out how much electricity you use and help you decide what size solar energy system is right for you.The best estimate of your electricity usage is an annual average, which accounts for varying amounts of daylight throughout the calendar year and seasonal weather variations (like snow). Add up your total electricity usage for every month in a calendar year (January - December) and divide by 12 to find your annual monthly average for that year.
Find your usage information:
1. Go to your utility webpage. If you are serviced by Rocky Mountain Power, go to www.rockymountainpower.net
2. Create an account, using your address and your account number.
3. Navigate to your utility bills or a summary of your usage. On Rocky Mountain Power's webpage, find "Usage History" under Quick Links (on the right hand side of the page).
4. Add up your usage for each of the last 12 months (shown in kWh) to determine your annual ustage. Divide by 12 to determine your average monthly usage.
1. Your utility bills will tell you how much electricity you use each month and what you're being charged for each kilowatt-hour. Collect your utility bills from the past 12 months.
2. View a sample Rocky Mountain Power Bill to learn how to read your utility bill and determine your monthly energy usage.
3. Add up your usage for each of the last 12 months (shown in kWh) to determine your annual ustage. Divide by 12 to determine your average monthly usage.
1. Rocky Mountain Power's customer service department can be reached at 1-888-221-7070.